zhinesade's surreal world

everything about nothing

Tuesday, June 21, 2005

Why This Blog?

The question seems to come up in the most unexpected of times, from unexpected people. It comes, nevertheless, and begs to be answered.

(Hopefully, this will also answer questions such as 'Did she really do that?' and 'Does she really think that way?').

I write because I need to heed the voices in my head. Yes, there are voices in my head. And they talk incessantly. Sometimes they make sense. And sometimes they don't. Most of the time, though, I end up realizing that one thought is connected in some way to another. And all of life's little lessons and questions that come out of the blue while I work, play, have coffee, or go to sleep, they're just right there for the picking. So when I deem the time right for me to heed or explore them, writing is an option I can take. I think while I write, and write what I think. Now, if you don't have them small voices that talk to you, then maybe you should listen a little more carefully. It takes practice, mind you. And a little craziness, methinks.

I write because there are stories that need to be told. No, not my stories. These are the stories that invisible people keep secret. Stories that most people think don't happen, but that do really exist. It could have happened to someone you bumped in the mall, or someone you rode the elevator with. In my head, I try to bring justice to the events that take place in other people's lives or in their minds. If I talk to someone and that person had a 'what if this happened?' eureka moment while deciphering their ex-drama, then I try and explore that path. It's like a lady lover's body waiting to be explored. Simply irresistible.

I write because I want something that occupies my mind, aside from the IT nuances and concepts that I've been working with for the past five years (oh goodness, it's been that long? Argh.). Writing, just like reading, keeps my vocabulary robust. When you feel like writing a piece passionately, and want that passion to be felt by the reader (i.e. me, 3 months after the writing has been written hahaha), then using the perfect words is essential. It gives me more clues into what works in speech and communication, and what doesn't. If I write a piece and no one comments, then either I have been too harsh with my words, or have been to shallow in my thinking. On the other hand, if I write something, and a person gives a juicy comment, then that is a thumbs-up to the writing.

Finally, I write because I want to remember. Yes, some things I write did happen, like Canada, Costa Rica, Bahamas, etc. Some events just evoke so much emotion in me that I feel the need to share it with the readers (i.e. I, Me, and Myself) that they might share with my emotion, whatever it is.

So, is everything I write TRUE? Is it always how I think? When I give my point of view, is it genuinely my own true passionate conviction?

Here's a hint. Before you start reading the blog, look up what surreal means.

Once you've got it down to a tee, you can start rereading the posts. Don't worry, we won't look ;-D