zhinesade's surreal world

everything about nothing

Sunday, June 06, 2004

Sex on the Beach

Literally.

It's been spoken about as a fantasy for some(most?) men, and as a really good cocktail drink at bars, but this is the first time I've actually seen it done. Literally.

Unbelievable. They could not have been more than fifty feet from me and my companion. Yet, there they were, doing the deed. Shameless (I say this with a neutral tone at this point).

I'm not one to judge, but I asked my companion if that was legal, and he said 'No'. Of course, he couldn't see what was happening because the stage was set to his right, and he was looking left (me). Ha! I got the good seat.

Now, let's think about this. Is the sexual act illegal outside of closed because..... ???

A couple of weird explanations come to mind:
- we'd be no better than dogs
- people would get into accidents if they see these goings-on and forget to pay attention to what they were doing (i.e. surfing, driving, mowing the lawn)
- because sex is something that should be kept in the bedroom (i.e. kept between the parties involved, nto spoken about, something that people should be embarrassed about).

Two out of three reasons I could think of were socio-cultural in nature. Interesting (Of course, not to say that these are the ONLY possible reasons. They're just the reasons that come to MY mind).

Enter Da Vinci Code. Where sex was a celebration of man and woman become one, witnessed by followers/believers.

I leave the rest of the thinking up to you. I'm not saying that what I saw was judged wrong or right in my eyes. I'm not even saying that you should judge it wrong or right in your eyes. I'm just giving you a taste of what goes through one's mind when faced with realities like this.

I still say I disagree about the fantasy, only because even my feet have a hard time liking the coarse sands of most beaches, let alone thinking other people would love to lie and roll around in it.

Okay, okay. This is a wholesome site so I better stop right there.

So where was I? Haha. Ah, I'm sticking to the bar drink, I think.