zhinesade's surreal world

everything about nothing

Wednesday, May 26, 2004

Cicadas OR NOT

I was supposed to write about how I think people around here are making such a big fuss about the Cicadas. They're harmless animals, except that they're very icky to look at (like flying cockroaches). I really thought that they'd be coming out in hordes (like how we see hordes in cartoons) but they didn't. Granted, there are a lot of them around (can't seem to go out anywhere without seeing them dead or alive), but eating them? Or wishing them all dead? Just because they look disgusting? Some people I see around here look more disgusting than them. Should I go out and say I wish they would just shrivel up and die? Ho-hum. Maybe I'm just one for the underdogs (or under-cicadas, as the case may be). hahaha.

Anyways, finals of American Idol tonight. Fantasia will win, hands down, unless everyone else thinks like me, and then maybe Diana will win. Which isn't very bad, considering AI winners haven't really been very popular after they won (Where's Kelly C. now?).

Blah.

Going to Fort Lauderdale on Saturday. I'm very, very excited. I think I'm way over-excited. In fact, I might start packing tonight....if I get home early enough. Have loads to finish at work before that. You think I better get back to work? Me too.

Ha.