zhinesade's surreal world

everything about nothing

Wednesday, September 29, 2004

Why She Doesn't

Ever since I watched "The Village", a line has been stuck in my head. Finally, I found the exact quote that Ivy Walker's character said:
"Sometimes we don't do what we want to do because we're afraid that other people will know that we want to do them."

Kind of like when you know someone reads your blog, but they don't want you to know that they do. So they leave no footprint where they pass. No tag, no comment, no email, no PM, nothing. And he thinks, well, hey, she's forgotten me. Like what happened with a male friend. He then goes to some other person's blog, and BOOM. The friend comments there. And then another blog. She comments there too. And another. And another. And he wonders, does she not like me anymore? Doesn't she even read my blog anymore? Did I do something wrong?

I dare say you did not, dear friend. If she is as quiet on your blog as she is rowdy and talkative in another's, there is a reason. I dare say she can't bring herself to do what she knows you want her to do, because then you'll know that she has wanted to do it all along. Do things to make you recognize her. Say thing that make you SEE her in the manner she ALWAYS sees you. I dare say she is NOT over you, dear friend, and is pretending to be in a better place. Because, dear friend, that is all she CAN do. She has entrapped herself by the fire of her secret prayer to be with you. Beside you. Holding your hand. Dancing with you. Singing your love song. Guiding your way.

She has said "I am okay," and she doesn't want to take it back, because self-preservation will not allow her. And people will mock her if they knew she was still dreaming about you and watching you from afar when she had the chance to be with you and look into your eyes.

Let her be. If she's brave enough, she will come around. If she doesn't, then it's her lifetime loss that she never asked you.

Note: So, dear friend (and all those other people who can relate hehe), gets mo? Don't fret. She will still come back to you. Give it time. It ALWAYS comes back to you.

"Why did I ever let you go
Is it too late to let you know
that I try to run from your side
but each place I hide
Only reminds me of you."