zhinesade's surreal world

everything about nothing

Wednesday, August 04, 2004

Blind Date

Do you watch those late-night shows "Blind Date" and "Elimidate"? I normally don't, but there was nothing on last night as I was flipping channels, so I peeked at it. What I found was hilarious...It was almost like a filipino comedy series. Hahaha. Here are some snippets (of course, they're my mind's version...but I tried to stick as much as possible to the lines I remember her saying)...

Girl: so what do you do?
Guy: I actually own a small internet company
Girl: oh really. What is it?
Guy: I sell shoes for pets
Girl: (short pause…) hmm…so you went through college to sell shoes?
Me: Okay, maybe she has a point. In a philosophical kinda way….

Guy: So what do you do?
Girl: well, I have a lot of jobs…
Guy: Really? Like what?
Girl: well, I’m an administrative assistant and a receptionist
Me: Oh my, dami nga!

Girl: All I really do is work, shop, and drink.
Me: Hmmm. I am so impressed.

Guy: (sun is still up) Are you hungry?
Girl: No. I just want to drink.
Guy: Don’t you wanna eat first.
Girl: No. It’ll leave less space for the drinks. Not eating will make me drunk faster.
Me: Wow. Powm-chickey-powm-powm is in the air for this guy (wink wink)

Girl: Let’s drink up (holds up what looks like a pinkish iced margarita)
Guy: Uhh..okay..
Girl: I might get ice head. Or what do you call that…freeze brain…freeze…brain…freeze…oh, brain freeze…
Guy: I’m not sure it’ll hurt you.
Me is gagging from laughter…

Girl: I may be bubbly but I’m smart…
Me: Yes, darlin’. We believe you.

AND MY FAVORITE REPARTEE from this couple:
Girl: (talking about her hair getting darker as she got older) I’m actually starting to doubt my parents because of my hair color
Guy: (chuckles) oh...maybe the milkman was over huh…(chuckles...getting red in the face)
Girl: (5-second pause..) Are you making fun of my skin now…?
Guy: What? (confused look)
Girl: Yeah…milkman…milk…my milky skin….
Me: Huwaaaaaaaatttttttttt!!!!!!!! Mooohahahaha…

And that's all for tonight, ladies and gentlemen.
ba-dump-bump-tshh (lights out, curtains down).