zhinesade's surreal world

everything about nothing

Monday, August 02, 2004

AI Fantasy

Sigh...

There I was, hoping, nay, fantasizing about being able to audition for American Idol in DC before I had to go home to my beloved Pinas. I had actually already told 2 pinoy-coworkers and the bf.

But woe is me.

I went to the idolonfox site (sorry, no link here, am too disappointed tsk tsk) and read the FAQs etc. I thought my only prob was going to be that I was not a US resident. In my mind, they would not find out until I got the yellow paper, at which point I would have at least gotten the autograph of Paula (aw shucks) Abdul, Randy (whassup dawg) Jackson, and if I was lucky, Simon (bitchiness at its finest!) Cowell. But it was not to be.

My citizenship would be no problem, I saw --- they said you only had to have a valid legal working visa. Cool. But then there was the "pre-nup-like" agreement that you had to sign, saying in very many words, that they could sue you if they got you for a callback and you did not appear, among other possible scenarios. Darnit.

(Aside: I assume most of you guys know what callbacks are hehehe)

OKOK, so I may have gotten away with myself because, God forbid, I have a bit of talent with a mic (I know, the x would agree that I was dreaming. My voice, according to the x, was average). But still, in my overballooned head, I wouldn't want any part of court proceedings, which deterred me, finally. So, no, dear fans (or 1 fan and staunch supporter lang pala..si xian, hahaha), I will not be trying out for AI this year. Imagine all that airtime, though. Down the drain. Haha.

Yes, I am a dreamer, if you haven't yet figured out.

I long to sing in front of millions of adoring fans (which I guess most people dream too, lest I be too weird for social contact). I am no different from you. I sing in the shower, I hum at work, I sing while on my cig break, etc. But, crikey, I will be 5 minutes away from DC on August 18, and I will let that possibility slide. Oh well.

And I thought Zhinesade was going to be the next (and better, moohaha, I wish) Jasmin Trias.

But.

Let my frustration end here. If this not the time, and this is not the plan, then I will head on, bravely, into the unknown night.

Chin up.