zhinesade's surreal world

everything about nothing

Saturday, June 11, 2005

Next chapter, please

Note: I wrote this poem in Nov 1999. I find it soothing, albeit a little pitiful. I think not a lot of fast-forward tracks have come between my writings then and now. I think that's a bad thing, but, at the moment, it seems very appropriate for laying down to rest another chapter in my life. Another one bites the dust.

Turn the page. Don't worry, the story gets nicer in the morrow. And the ending's still a million chapters away.

Kung ako kaya'y nahimlay
sa piling ni Inang Buhay
magbabalik-tanaw ka ba
at tatawa?

Pagdating ba ng mga gabi
at maisip mo ang iyong pagkakamali
bituing ako kaya'y iyong masalisi
sa pagtanong mo sa langit?

At pagkasikat ng mga araw sa umaga
at magising kag may taglay na kakaibang saya
mananahimik ka ba't iisipin
ang mundo noong ako'y naryan pa?

Sa pagmulat, pagkabuhay, at pagpikit ng iyong mga mata
Maiisip mo ba?
Sana.
Sana.