zhinesade's surreal world

everything about nothing

Tuesday, May 10, 2005

Intellectual Seduction

I watched Before Sunrise when I was in high school. It wasn't what I'd call the most influential film for that age. But I recall that it was astonishingly refreshing and honest.

A week ago, I saw a morning show that did a review on the sequel I didn't know was in existence. "Before Sunset" , it was called.

Last night, I borrowed a DVD copy and was glued to the TV with my ears hearing nothing else but their conversation a.k.a. their Intellectual Dance of Seduction for the next hour and a half.

And, oh, it was heaven.

I felt (in the words of Rachelle, Friends' character) closure.

Aah, the ending was totally seductive, like the milliseconds leading up to the savoring of a candy in a store after handing the clerk your hard-earned peso, like feeling the skin of an adored lover, right after his morning shave, like smelling the sweet dew bright and early on a summer beach.

Okay, okay, that last one was a tad bit too dramatic. I got carried away, I apologize. But the feeling was just so exhilerating, I couldn't help it.

I know, I know, stop judging me. I am an intellectual whore, I admit. Haha. I looooove good conversations about anything and everything, granted the person does not go and spelunk his way into the diverse facts of the most minute technicalities of the subject at hand.

I love philosophizing in my own singkong-duling way, with thoughts coming to me as the conversation drifts along, from mamang kariton-eros, to the rich and hypocritical, to music, to hate, to life, to death, to heaven, and back. With new 'Eureka' moments bidding me 'Bonjour, mon cherie' in the middle of reveries.

Sipping coffee, walking along the beach, or right in the middle of traffic, I sometimes get inspired. And I feel the kiss of life run through my veins like I was really in that moment for a purpose.

Sometimes.

"Babe, you're gonna miss your plane..."

Scrumptiously breath-taking.