zhinesade's surreal world

everything about nothing

Tuesday, April 05, 2005

Goodnight, Che

For the first time in the history of this blog, I am in need of words, but words escape me.

Che was literally the sweetest and nicest person I had ever met in all of my 26 years. She was human, but she was a goddess I her own childlike way. If you knew her, you’d agree with me completely.

Her smile clings to my mind now, like carnations in full bloom. Our ‘theme song’ for the winter season, her pout when she was hungry and salivating while we were on our way to new and favorite food experiences, her admitting to loving Kitchie and Nina’s music as much as I did(hindi sila jolog haha), the road trips, the Cosi Tuesdays, the jokes, the ‘hirits’, the pink socks, the sleeveless shirts, that packing night, the food, the photo-ops, the drinking, the New Orleans experience, the planned ‘school’ overnight this coming Saturday, that cheer, that smile.

I can’t explain it, words don’t seem to justify. She was colorful but she was pure. She was simple but she was lovely. She was child-like, but she was all-woman.

Oh, Che.

Now, who’s going to bug me about my blog not being updated? Who’s going to tell me again and again that people can relate to what I write? Who’s going to tell me I’m a ‘gentlewoman’?

I will miss you dearly, Che. We’ll all miss you very much --- Degu, Cha, Poch, Melvin, Mads, Miggy, Hensy, and me. But our tears are tears of selfishness, because your presence was most deeply appreciated. I know you are in your heaven now, right where you belong, with the pink socks, and the table filled with food, probably.

And don’t you worry, we promise to try and do everything on that list of to-do’s we made. And I heard about the yahoogroups you wanted to make for us too. So yes, we’ll probably take you up on the name --- Hot Onshore Peeps.

Goodnight, Che. I know I’ll see you again in God's time. In the meantime, we’ll try to light the world with the smile you infected us with.

And that driver. Don’t worry, we don’t hate him. Oo nga, salbahe sya, Che. But I know you forgive him. So I forgive him too.

I’ll watch Kitchie and Nina for you na lang. I’m sure you’ll be right there with me.

Oh, and in case I never got around to telling you...I'm really glad we became friends.