zhinesade's surreal world

everything about nothing

Sunday, May 08, 2005

Oppressive

The heat has been oppressive and has taken out any sense of creativity that was left for me to use wisely over the weekend.

So there we were, Saturday night, 7pm, with the heatstroke draining my body dry, when --KABOOM -- a blackout covers the village in darkness.

Holy mackerel in the wide open sea!!!!

And because I had played badminton almost the entire day, not to mention Thursday and Friday nights as well, my body ached for rest, and my eyes ached for sleep.

My dad, I guess, pitied me, or was also immensely impatient with the heat, so we ended up in some motel, paying Php545 for 9pm t 9am use of the "facilities".

My dad, my youngest siter, and I squished ourselves in a twin bed, and slept soundly (or at least they tried).

I couldn't stop thinking of all the dead skin cells (and other, more oppressive germs) that could have been left in the room by previous occupants.

Yikes.

Still, I was down for the count at 10pm. And woke up at 830 am. Hahaha.

Damn blackouts!

Sunday was mostly lounging in the comfort of my dad's room, with the airconditioning at full-blast, the electric fan at it's fastest whirl, and the DVD player put to good use. Sidebar --- after two years, I finally watched 'My Sassy Girl'. It's a good film, especially if you try and take the storyline to heart. Haha.

I also watched the Indiian film 'Bride and Prejudice', and it was, at least, funny. At most, it was colorful. Now, I'm left wondering. If I go to India, will people be dancing in the streets mostly everyday? And will they be wearing no shoes to parties? And will they wear nothing but traditional garbs, even to clubs? (ahem, do they even have clubs where I might go???).

If someone who knows anything about Indida is reading this, please enlighten me. I know the preceding questions must sound a tad bit arrogant, but the intention is pure, I swear to you.

Oh, and for those not in the know...

Costa Rica is on May 19-28. A week and a half left to get ready.

Woohoo!