zhinesade's surreal world

everything about nothing

Tuesday, June 07, 2005

Glances

An itch waiting to be scratched,
I ache to breathe with the touch of your skin
While mounds and mounds
Of faceless stars move in between us

Our paths cross again and again
Without consciousness, with purpose.
You arrive right when I leave.
I come right after you go.

Electricity thrives
With each waking moment that
Separates you from me
And the gods that bid us be.

Tell me something, then.
Is this something you know of?
Is it something that crosses your mind
When you make your presence known?

Triumph over fate
A feat only the heavens can achieve
You and Me, I guess
Will never be, but paths intertwined

For a miniscule moment in time.

Still.
You are mine.
In my heart.
Forever.

Note: Just trying to get my creative juices flowing again...and make this more of a worthy blog-read for people. This poetry brought to you by dreaming about coffee and yosis in a cafe, while listening to murmurs of conversation, good music, and the mundane silence of the rain's pitter-patter. ;D

Coffee, anyone?