zhinesade's surreal world

everything about nothing

Thursday, January 29, 2004

Too much pizzazz

Some girl whose first name was Chelsea Camille had this to say about herself:

i love life, with all its euphoric highs and despite all its frustrating lows.i love my dysfunctional family, am a big daddy's girl and proud of it. i cherish my friends and will do just about anything for them. i have found myself with an overwhelming book collection comprised of fiction, non-fiction, and biograhies from all over the world! the desire to travel is in my veins and i will go pathetically broke and do absolutely anything to see the rest of the world and live in Paris at some point in my lifetime. i have visited 47 of the 50 us states and plan to finish off the last three within the next five years. new york is overrated, in much the same way as colorado is underrated. i love Impressionist art and am currently trying to master this style. if i could pick a spot in the world that i could make mine, i'd defintely choose the Musee d'Orsay in Paris. i could get stuck in there for hours. oh and i'm from vietnamese, spanish and filipino descent.

At first, I was like, 'whoa!'. She's been places and done things that I could only dream of. Well, not because I can't ever do them, but because I just don't have all that time and moolah.

And so I sit, and think. And then I look at what her friends say about her. One person's description gives me the impression that she's a party girl. Two others describe her as a 'really cool, fun girl to be with', using words 'high' and 'rollercoaster ride' and 'fantasies' in there. These are both men. And then I come across someone saying that they were actually 'together' way back in high school. And this last one was a girl. Hmm...

Okay, okay. Calm down.

One, she's been places and done things. Two, she's a wild child. Three, she has 200+ friends in there... Hmm.. Makes me wonder.

Someone lost something through that process. She might have gained all those friends and seen and read all these things, but do they really define her? Is that who she really is?

For example, is she really a traveller or does she travel because she wants to be able to call herself one? Did the label come after the experience, or the experience come after the label was idolized and idealized?

I mean, everyone wants to do things and be things. Did she do first, and become second...or did she become first (i.e. tried the label on for size in her head) and then do.

And I tell you, there is a difference. A very big difference. For people who have the time, energy, and resources, it defines the difference between being a real world-traveller and being a social traveller. It defines the difference between being a name-dropper and actually knowing people and appreciating them for what you have come to know them to be and mean.

And in the end, maybe it's just a little too much pizzazz for me. I mean, something's gotta give, right? She can't just have everything, right? Come on, agree. You know something's not right here, right?

And these are just too many run-on sentences that do not fit together in one small piece.

And, then again, you might turn around and say that I am just a jealous, spiteful, uneducated fool. And maybe you're right. But this is my site, and I WILL write whatever it is I feel like writing. So claw me. :-P