zhinesade's surreal world

everything about nothing

Friday, April 23, 2004

Spur of thoughts

--- Did you know that men would rather attend their guy friends' bachelor parties rather than their wedding? Found this out the hard way, ahem. Hahaha. On the other hand, I know from my girl friends, that they would never miss their girl friends' weddings for the world. Kinda weird, isn't it? Well, like my friendwork mentor told me, 'Whatever you think you'd do in a given situation, that's most positively not what your men-lets (in lieu of boylets) will do.' Go figure....


--- Did you know that some dog owners in the US actually fight with each other (and some even take each other to court), when bad things are said about their dogs. Apparently, it's defamation of character....What the ----!!!! Never mind.


--- It is best to water your plants in the morning or in the afternoon (3pm-ish, I think...). Watering at night is ill-advised as this will attract all sorts of bugs into your garden. Watering when the sun is at its highest point in the sky is even more dangerous, as your plants' tendency is to "overdrink" the water ( and then they burst hahahaha. Kidding!).


--- I still get carded. Apparently, in the US, being 'carded' means the doormen (big guys with arms so wide they can even stand straight when their arms are by their sides hahaha) have to ask you for an ID to make sure you're over 18. To have this done to you once is acceptable. But having the same doorman approach you once you've gotten in (to check again) -- irritating. And if the bartender asks for your ID again when you order your drink....nasty! Oh well. I can't help it if Filipinos look so youthful! :-D


--- I have discovered that I have so many weird phrases from different people (and some that I invented), that some new friends kinda think I'm weird, or just very stupid...I say stuff like:
"He-llo-ow, Telepho-own"
"Bahala na si Batman"
"Don't shy"
"Kung ayaw mo, 'wag mo"
"Come what may" (when asked about plans)
"Low ESQ" (I mean EQ haha, but I say this all the time as a Tribute to Tanduay)
Okay, okay. These are just a few. But I swear, I'm weird. Oh well.


--- I find that my name actually makes people remember me a lot more than I remember them or their names. I'mv ery bad at names. Veeeeeeeeery Bad.


--- Some men actually do say stuff just because they think it's what women want to hear. I've had a lot of male friends, but they've always been very honest with me, seeing as I'm always one of the guys. BUT, I met someone. And this new friend is nice. Sweet. One time, though, he did mention that he does that to women. And another time, later on, I felt like he was doing that to me. Gotta stop it. Gotta find a way. Or I'll die. Hahaha.


--- Very different courting/dating culture in the Philippines and in the US. Back home, a guy and a girl could be a dating for a year and would still not consider themselves officially "together". In the US, however, after a few dates, they would. They'd talk about it and, surprisingly, their "anniversary" is set retroactively. Yep, they think back to their dates and determine where the significant moment really was. Ain't that strange?


--- Geting your skin burned while sunbathing or going to tanning salons actually makes you more prone to skin cancer. True. sad for white people and light-skinned Asians, but true. Long live Brown people! :-P


That's it for now. Gotta go. I apologize for not having more interesting updates. Too much work. Very little play. Hopefully, I get to try out painting this weekend. I promise to tell you guys all about it.