zhinesade's surreal world

everything about nothing

Sunday, July 02, 2006

he wakes up, and you know everything is right in the world...


i know, mostly posts about kids are sappy, crappy, or overrated. but indulge me.

i sometimes have crappy days in my new place, where it seems nothing right goes on in this world; where people cheer and jeer for a boxer, when outside the coliseum, someone is dying of malnutrition.

okay, well, maybe not quite as drastic a depression as that.

depression is...well, is something that has no rational explanation. sadness, anger, frutration, and anxiety all rolled into one. and it comes to me, days at a time, and normally, there's nothing anyone can do about it. then comes this baby boy. who happens to be my nephew. and he sleeps like a doll, rarely ever cries, and wakes up with a smile on his face, meant only for the person he first lays his eyes on.

i don't know if my takes of him do him justice, but mikhail is truly one of the biggest blessings given to our family. My sister (his mom) can't even explain why his disposition is just so darn angelic.

haha, he is cute, and nice, and hopefully, something goes right, and he ends up making a huge difference in the world.

note: the last pic (bottom right) is his face when he is taking a crap. he still looks adorable and funny to me.
or maybe it's because he's my nephew...dammit, fine. i'm officially a sappy aunt.