zhinesade's surreal world

everything about nothing

Friday, December 01, 2006

a-christmas-comin'

it's been a weird, sleepy, sloppy, slow day. and it's december 1. whoopee-dee-doo .

as is customary, here's my list for what i want to get this month. hopefully, it's a living list, will be updated with much less mundane, much more appealing choice of gifts. but don't hold your breath. i think getting into the late-twenties means losing some of your santa spirit.

1. trashcan for my kitchen and bedroom - cha's been bugging me about this forever. see, i have a pad, and the bathroom is right across the kitchen, so it made sense to just get one (yes, one) trashcan. but now, because of guests, yosi, alcohol, and constant food delivery, just a one trashcan doesn't seem to be enough. but i swear, it kills me to see some trashcans cost more than 200 bucks. haha. i'd much rather buy me my cappucino for the day. i know, selfish me. lazy me, too. i can't imagine lugging the thing from megamall to my home fast enough.

2. roman blinds for the sala - i swear, it's part of the plan, but other priorities keep popping up. like hospital bills, hospital bills, oooh, and...hospital bills. either a really close friend will help me with this, or i'll just have to do with manila paper for another six months or so. but....it's really not all that bad, i think.

3. bath and body hand wash, hand lotion, hand sanitizer - my stash is almost gone.

4. a drill - yes, a drill. haha. i have to make holes in the wall to get all the pic frames up (plus the van gogh imitation painting too). i figure, it's well overdue as it's been over six months.

5. DSL - dear god, dear god, i promise to not sleep past 4 am on weeknights, if you just let me be able to play word raceronline again. haha. i'm weird, i know. if there was really a santa, i think he'd have thrown a tantrum right about now, with this request.

6. tickets (company included din sana haha) to a regine velasquez or mariah carey concert - i know. i suck. pop sucks. whatever. i'd love to hear them sing live. and yes, i would be one of those star-struck people. i'd probably gush about the event forever too.

7. towel rings - for my bathroom, yes. i didn't know the really nice ones were soooo expensive.

8. a new samsung phone - this, i'd probably get for myself. i seriously, really, need to retire my old samsung unit. it's had it's run. it's been good to me. but now, i really need to not have sticky keys, especially when my patience runs out.

9. frames, frames, and more frames - for my planned wall mural of photos.

10. a handbag, shoulder bag, or body bag - all my bags are packed (up) and ready to go (to the waste basket)... everytime i attempt to buy bags, i end up with shoes. go figure! it's happened too often now that i wear a body bag with ladylike work clothes, and use my lone (but old) trusty red shoulder bag with a green top. wahaha.

11. other dream gadgets i can only get in my dreams - new zoom lens for my trusty cam, tripod, iHome, and a cool camerabag.

12. if all else fails, starbucks coupons always work with me. i love cheap thrills.

ta-dah. wasn't so painful for me to think about. what's actually painful is knowing i can't afford to get all this for myself haha.