zhinesade's surreal world

everything about nothing

Saturday, November 28, 2009

Doors

It's funny how the 'today' interacts with the 'yesterday' like time is some humungous vacuum.

You're out of it and the dream that is life continues.

And then something catches your eye, and you remember.

That one time. That one moment. That one nanosecond when for sure you felt like the world was crashing down on you because what you felt was so heart-wrenching you didn't think anyone could survive it. And no one told you it could be that bad. Like, couldn't eat, couldn't sleep for days, LITERALLY. That bad. More than 10 lbs in one week. No, really.

And then someone else comes along. And they've felt the same way.

Just makes you want to hug them tight and tell them everything will be okay. Because life has these little pockets of hope called tomorrow.
:
:
:
And because even if they're called one-way doors, there really is a window somewhere, and if you try hard enough, maybe you can get back in.

And I did try. I tried hard. At least I thought I tried hard enough. And didn't, couldn't, wouldn't get back in. Even when the door was unlocked, it seemed there was a continuous gush of wind that kept me from going back in.

Could have been that wind that brought me here.

Could have been.

Could have been the wind that brought you here.

Could have been.

But you. The door was closed. And you just entered it again, like nothing happened.

And now you want out?
:
:
:
You smile at me as if you want out.
You look at me as if out is the best place.
:
:
:
I don't really know how that makes me feel.