zhinesade's surreal world

everything about nothing

Friday, June 18, 2004

Paul Johnson

I won't laugh as much this Friday night.

Paul Johnson was beheaded, I read in the news. Everyone's got their own say in the topic.
Mine is just a basic realization of how a war can seem so distant, especially since I'm not American. I feel like I'm not in any way connected to it. But Paul is a man. Human, like you and me.

Another tragedy that will live on as a testament of how idiotic man can be.

When exactly did we regress to apes?
(Did we ever really progress in the first place?)
I was taught to believe that we did.
(Oh come one, surely you don't think people are that bad.)
Yes we are.
(They have their principles. They'd rather die fighting for it. Surely you should understand.)
I would die for my own convictions. But kill others for it?

Someone make this foolish mind of mine understand, please.

PS. So do I weep for the son of the atheist who wanted 'under one Lord' out of the pledge.