zhinesade's surreal world

everything about nothing

Monday, November 29, 2004

Thanksgiving

I had a fun time during my 4-day vacation, although I can't say I've had time as of yet to reflect on it. See, I went to Atlanta with the 'ex-jock' bf (wahahaha, sorry honey, I'm labelling you a jock for the blogerati...don't worry, I still love you hekhekhek), and had Thanksgiving with the family (a la-'Meet the Fockers mwehehehe).

It was weird(in a ha-ha-funny-slash-cute kinda way), unforgettable, and overall awesome for a couple of reasons:
1. I cooked them a Filipino lunch and everyone enjoyed the lucky me beef noodle soup (shhh, di nila nakita na instant lang yun wahehehe), tocino, and adobo with rice that I cooked (uuuy...pede na mag-asawa yeyz! Cheh!). It was the first time I cooked lunch for a whole family.
2. We had Thanksgiving not on Thursday, but on Friday. And we didn't have the traditional turkey. In fact, there was no turkey on the menu (huwaaaaatttttttt!!!!!! E di 'di na Thanksgiving yun nyehnyehnyeh...Shaddap!). We had a 6-course meal, prepared by the chef who just happened to be the housemate of the bf's brother (nakakalito, parang pinsan ng pamangkin ng kuya ng asawa ng tito mo).
3. It was the first time I went to a bar at 2pm and went home at 6pm (time space warp, ngayon din!). I had 4 white russians, but I didn't feel tipsy at all ebcause I was playing match-up games on the touch-screen video games wahahaha. I think the drinking-spree-in-the-middle-of-the-day sank in when we went home at 6pm to prepare for dinner at 7pm. I stumbled into the bathroom for a shower (o, wag na imagine-in! sus!), and I almost fell to the floor. The world twirled. 'Huh, shyet, may tama pala ako. Potah!sarap kumanta ng 'Toma' wehehe.
4. It was my first time in the bf's parents' home. Sure I went to their lakehouse, but that was different. Also, add to that that my dear bf didn't tell me much about what to expect with their home. As in! (Tatagalugin ko na, para di mabasa ng boypren, baka magalit pag nalaman na kinwento ko wahahaha). Natulala ang kajologan ko, joskoday. Kasi naman, bago kami pumunta dun, sabi ng isang friend nya sa akin (shempre english ha) "Yung bahay nila yung isa sa pinakamaliit dun sa area na yun. Pero pag nagstay ka na sa guest room, pagbalik mo dito, sabihin mo sa akin kung tama ako nung sabihin kong parang condo na sa laki ng guestroom ng bahay nila." Potah! Trulili (yung guest room, kasinlaki yata ng buong apartment ko dito sa VA)!! E hindi ba naman ako winarningan, so sa isip ko, mejo parang mga bahay sa valle verde-slash-kapitolyo (pasig 'to lahat wahehehe) na di masyadong malaki...yung katamtaman lang. Aba lola, mejo lampas walong libong parisukat na metro ang laki ng lote (paki-direct translation nyo na lang wahahaha) nila ngweweweweh! Shempre, kunwari 'di tulo-laway ko. Kiber ko naman kung mas malaki bahay nila kesa samin di ba (naks, langit at lupa epeks!). Pero, sus, parang feeling ko, papasok akong katulong. Mala-Mara Clara, widamatching circular grand staircase pa odiva. Hanlaki! Naknantokwa! Shempre, nahiya ako ng konti...kasi feeling ko tuloy, underdressed and underprepared ako. Parang mga pang-krismas caroling lang ang pagpunta ko sa mga bahay na ganun noh. Pinipigilan ko nga sarili kong kantahin yung 'Let's hear those sleigh bells ringin and ting-ting-ting-guh-lin-tooooo'. Oh well, lesson ko na lang sa sarili ko. Dapat lagi akong cowboy, laging handa mwehehehe. Pero si boypren, nagsorry naman, kasi sabi ko dyahe naman, na nahrap ako sa ganung sitwasyon na di ako mentally prepared. Oh well. Kiber. Labs ko pa rin naman sya kahit mas at home pa yung aso nila dun kesa sa akin. Wahehehe.
5. We were out and about town with the bf's brother. The brother was gay, and had a bf of 3 years. They were both cute (actually, handsome pareho, kung lalake lang talaga. and take note, they both looked and acted like normal men). We hung out at bars with their other gay friends, which to me was the coolest thing we could've done ever. Hahaha. In one bar, this one chick wanted to get laid so bad (she had new fake boobs, and very low self-esteem, you could tell) that she kept asking the bf's brother if he was sure he was gay. Mwahaha. She also tried hitting on his bf too. They were both just laughing at her. That was cool and fun that they were secure enough in their relationship to not have to blurt it out to everyone. Of course, the girl tried to pick up my bf too. She touched the brother's butt (the bro has a nice big tush wahaha), and wanted to see if my bf had the same nice bum. He said no. I heard that snippet of conversation but didn't even look their way. I was too busy playing the touch-screen thingy. Wahaha. And, fyi, her implants were 38 double D's. Eww. My scolio worsens at the thought wahehe. But now I know how fake boobs feel. They're a lot harder than the real boobies. Hekhekhek. Oh women!
6. The bf's brother and his bf (eto na naman, kakalito ha) had 2 great danes. And they were humungous!!!!!!! Charlie looked like Scooby-Doo, only he was around 4'0 (I'm guessing) standing up, and probably as tall as me when he's seated. Max, the younger one, was a spotted black and white great dane who seemed to have ADD (Attention Deficit Disorder). Crikey! Whenever they went to the backyard, I hid behind the bf, not because I thought they'd bite me, but because I think if they played with me and accidentally put a paw on my shoulder, I'd shrink and die from the force. I think they said Max (the younger of the two) was around 10 months old and 155 lbs. IMagine what 4-yr old Charlie weighed. Nyaknyaknyak.

So there. I drank, ate a lot, cooked, played the touch-screen thingy, ate a lot, slept, played pool, read harry potter 5, ate a lot, watched movies (Elf, Bridget Jones 2, After the Sunset), went window shopping (ooh lots of sales, but I resisted whoopeee), took pictures, and uhm...did I mention ---ate a lot?

Hmm. Back to the gym for me.