zhinesade's surreal world

everything about nothing

Sunday, July 24, 2005

The Shiznit (and random updates as if you care)

Okay, okay. I'm calm now. But I have it, and so have cause to celebrate! Wooohooo!

I got the CANON EOS 20D I've been dreaming about....(well, not exactly...I wanted the 10D, but that's not on the market anymore, so I got the next best thing haha).

So, yeah, the budget's gonna be tight from hereon, for three months at least. Good thing I still have free billiard time and ceramic-painting time to keep me busy. And on the note of spending my free time doing fun things, I still am entertained by the weekly badminton and jamming stints I have. Busy, busy bee!

See, I've been trying to cut down on the caffeine. I just computed it in my head a few minutes ago, and I've been spending more or less P1,000 a week the last month or so, just on coffee. Well, that addiction's gotta get under control. Haha. I'm also kissing the Asian Tour dream goodbye....for now. Maybe it'll be my present to myself on January.

Oooh, by the way, the company's arranged for a Battle of the Bands of sorts....Me and some fellas from the office are planning to join. Could be fun. So, if you know me personally and are reading this, come support us! Or just have fun. Or drink. Haha. We promise we'll try to be decent ;D

What else? Hmm...Oh, we were down by Baywalk trying out my new cam, and Xian just clicking away with his own Elan. The sun did not disappoint, and the ambience was very, very relaxing. I urge people to go there and at least try out a stroll.

The L Word. Oh Shoot! I am in love with Shane! Hahaha. Kidding. The show is a close second favorite to the SATC series. I'ts just so intense, I love it. I'm sure most people don't even know what I'm talking about. But if anyone in the cyberworld knows any 'Shane-ic' person, ooooh, lemmeknow. Sigh. Just lemmeknow.

If Only. Yeah, the movie. Just watched it this afternoon. A tear-jerker with a solid soundtrack for those with a flair for romantic drama. Ooh, and I know some people who should go watch it. They maybe can learn a lesson or two from the whole theme.

Finally, Persuasion. The book, I mean. I'm in Chapter 11. I've gotta say that so far, it's far exceeding my expectations.

Other than that, life's been pretty boring.

Or has it?

;)