zhinesade's surreal world

everything about nothing

Sunday, December 10, 2006

greyisms

Meredith: Maybe we're not supposed to be happy. Maybe gratitude has nothing to do with joy. Maybe being grateful means recognizing what you have for what it is. Appreciating small victories. Admiring the struggle it takes simply to be human. Maybe we're thankful for the familiar things we know. And maybe we're thankful for the things we'll never know. At the end of the day, the fact that we have the courage to still be standing is reason enough to celebrate.
***
Meredith: I've heard that it’s possible to grow up, I've just never met anyone who’s actually done it. Without parents to defy, we break the rules we make for ourselves. We throw tantrums when things don’t go our way. We whisper secrets with our best friend, in the dark. We look for comfort where we can find it. And we hope against all logic, against all experience, like children, we never give up hope.
***
Meredith: I didn't know I didn't want to. You were there, and you were saying all the right things, and I was sad, and so I thought, maybe I’ve been overlooking what's been in front of me, and if I just give it a chance, because you're George, and you're so great...I didn't know I didn't want to...until I knew I didn't want to.
George: Yeah, ok.
Meredith: Can we please just go back to everything the way it was?

***
Meredith: Sometimes reality has a way of sneaking up and biting us in the ass. And when the dam bursts, all you can do is swim. The world of pretend is a cage, not a cocoon. We can only lie to ourselves for so long. We are tired, we are scared, denying it doesn't change the truth. Sooner or later we have to put aside our denial and face the world. Head on, guns blazing. De Nile. It's not just a river in Egypt, it's a freakin' ocean. So how do you keep from drowning in it?
***
Derek: You alright?
Meredith: I have a feeling.
Derek: I get those.
Meredith: Yeah?
Derek: Yeah.
Meredith: And?
Derek: If you wait long enough it passes.
Meredith: You promise?
Derek: I promise. [Meredith walks away, and Addison walks in]
Addison: Hey.. What you doing?
Derek: Waiting for it to pass.
***
Meredith: I had a feeling
***


and i...i'm still waiting for it to pass....