zhinesade's surreal world

everything about nothing

Tuesday, June 22, 2004

Family and Friends

Here's a shout out to my daddy-o. I was finally able to call him last night (after 4 months!!!). It was so nice to hear his voice.

Another shout-out, this one to my sistaru who's named 'Capi' (short for Capitan hehehe), who I was also able to call last night. She's the new superwoman, juggling between helping out the family, managing her personal life, social life, and starting up her career. Kaya mo yan, Kapatid!

Finally, a shout out to my best friend Jappy, who I was NOT able to call last night. He wasn't at home...Grrrr.. Hahaha. It was his birthday on June 12, and I just wanted to greet him. So, to anyone, within reading distance of this message in Manila, if you know someone named Jappy Lim, please let him know I said 'Happy Birthday' and 'I miss you'.

******************

On a related note, I watched the first episode of "Who wants to marry my Dad" last night. Very interesting. The father was a bit handsome, I have to say. And the children looked like they had good heads on their shoulders. But, then again, there was also a bit too much crying going on. Tears when they had to boot two people off even before they met the father???? Harsh, but I don't think it's worth a tearful. Oh well. Hmm..Maybe that's what reality TV does to you...

******************

I also was able to watch an episode of "For Love or Money" last night. There was a twist in last night's show (for those in Manila, I suggest just surfing the web for a summary of the whole show plot, if you haven't seen it ;D). The remaining girls were given the choice to see how much money was on their checks, in exchange for halving it. This one girl who was starting to fall in love with the bachelor (okay, in my mind, 'starting to fall in love' is in quotation marks, coz this is tv haha), decides that she just wants to show the guy that she doesn't care about the money's worth by looking at her check. BUT, the guy (and here, I have to say that guys can really be very clueless sometimes) thought that the reason she looked at it was because she wanted to know what the money was worth -- that she was basically a money-hungry lying conniving b**ch. Haha. Which was, of course, totally opposite from the truth. Grrr. Men are from Mars. And women are really just attracted to aliens. Ha.