zhinesade's surreal world

everything about nothing

Tuesday, October 12, 2004

Cruisin' with Koz, Crooning with Crow

Last night I decided to go to the gym and do some exercisin' (ho-hum, getting back to that trimmer figure, hell yeah!). So I changed from work attire to gym attire and was about to leave when, suddenly, my eyes locked upon the new discman that lovey gave me a few weeks back. I hadn't really broken it in yet. So I grabbed it, and brought it along with me. The cd inside, was David Koz. I guess it's what you call a modern jazz compilation (or maybe not, I don't pretend to be an expert here, so leave me alone, fool!)...But, anyways, I ran around 4 miles on it. An extreme feat, considering I hadn't exercised in like A CENTURY!!! Nah, I'm kidding. But the last time I remember heading to the year, I think, was last year, also when I was here in VA, but for a different client engagement. So, anyway, I ran, and I didn't much feel the stress or the fatigue (i.e. 'di ako agad nawindang mwahaha) until I was on the fourth mile. That's how cool the tracks were. It was very relaxing music indeed. Not 'sleepy' relaxing, but 'cruising' relaxing. And, then, I went back up to my lil ol' apartment and did some stretching, and then some inverted sit-ups and 30 push-ups (rarrrrrr), etc. etc. etc. And then I felt so alive that after that CD was done, I switched to Sheryl Crow's Ultimate(?) Collection. That was cool too.

I guess what made the whole experience much more serene was the fact that I hadn't really listened to music in a long time (i.e. 3 months). And when I say 'listen', I mean to be taken away from the present and be submerged in the magical world of notes and lyrics and emotions.

As Sheryl Crow crooned ---- 'I'm gonna soak up the Sun'.

And, oh, was it ever soaked in such perfection.