zhinesade's surreal world

everything about nothing

Saturday, October 16, 2004

Friday Night Lights

Saw this movie with the boyfriend and was very, very impressed with the whole thing. After the movie, at the parking lot, headed towards the car:
me: wow, that one guy is now a lawyer...so he was totally not a jock...amazing!
the bf: jj was a jock (referring to his roommate who watched the movie with us)
me: really?
the bf: yep. he played at state too..in college..
me: really?
the bf: yep.
me: did he win?
the bf: no.

hahaha.

then, while driving home:
me: so when can someone be called a 'jock', in US terms?
the bf: well, it depends. in high school, if they play sports a lot, then they can be labelled.
me: so you were a jock?
the bf: i guess
me: wow. amazing (pause) so technically, i'm dating a jock?
the bf: umm. i guess so.
me: that's amazing. and weren't you captain of the rugby team too?
the bf: (pause) yep..and wrestling and football in high school
me: (stunned...thinking 'my boyfriend can beat people up'...and internally gawking) that's amazing! (still stunned)
the bf: hmm..now that i think about it, i was captain of all the sports I played in (aside: okay, okay, maybe he didn't exactly say it this way...he said it in a more matter-of-factly tone)
me: OH MY GAWD. That is unbelievably amazing, mr. overachiever...

The boyfriend was also part of the National Sailing Team in Canada, and the #2 skier in Quebec, etcetera, etcetera, etcetera...oh, and he was also president of his fraternity in college.

If I wasn't impressed by this guy when I met him (which I was, mind you), I am now.

Oh boy. Surprise of surprises. My humble, caring, huggable, cute boyfriend is a bad-ass.

HaHaHa.

Now, let's see you mess with this jock's girlfriend mwahahaha.

Chika lang! Pero astig eh noh?

Note: The only thing I accomplished when I was studying was a couple of medals for running in HS and a measly 3-semester dean's list. I was even less than .50 (yes, decimal places, demmit) short of being cum laude. And I thought I was an overachiever. Tawa na lang! Cute pa rin naman e hehe. ;D
Sigh. Buti na lang Friday. Relak na lang.