zhinesade's surreal world

everything about nothing

Wednesday, August 17, 2005

Happy Dumping




I know it's baduy, but I just love the color in this photo. And this pic was taken just last April, in 'Island Cove' resort. Nice, no? Be still, my heart wahahaha. Fucket!

Anyway, heard this new term from my aunt --- happy dumping. Apparently, when one is experiencing a heartbreak, some people get depressed and need emotional support, while other people prefer happy dumping (i.e. acting uberly-happy about the smallest things, a.k.a. overactingly-happy). Just thought I'd share. I had been there, done that, but never knew there was a term for it. Thank God for learning something new everyday.

***

Here's a little somp'n somp'n I made up (or did I?):

It was straight out of a movie. All of us were dancing, then suddenly, the sea of people parted, and there we were, dancing to a slow dance that suddenly came on. I think we were teased, but we didn't mind, or didn't hear, or both. And we held on to each other for what seemed an eternity, dancing to our own song, drowning in each other's eyes, looking into each other's soul.

But we had to wake up. We were young. Too young. And the world was too small for you and me, and too wide for both of us. So we let go. The dance ended. But the music played on. It played on that night when you came over, years after we let go, and told me that it didn't work out with her, because it felt wrong if it was not me. I wanted to agree, to say 'yes, I know'. I wanted to wipe your tears away with my lips, my words, my touch. But I couldn't. I was scared. I couldn't tell you. I didn't know how to let you know my truth. 'You were not the one for me', I thought to myself.

Today, you said 'Hey' as I ran into you. And I swear I could hear the song playing in the background. It lingers. Still, it is there. You looked happy, this young woman in tow. I was alone, book in one hand, coffee in another. We exchanged numbers. 'For catching up', you said. I nodded.

Now, I lie in bed, book in hand, not understanding a word on page 27, even though I've read the page twice. You disturb my thoughts, your voice resonating in my ears, your smell in the air. And I wonder. Is it too late? Can we still catch up, really? If I tell you now, what I could not tell you before, will it change anything? Will it nullify that for a moment in time, I didn't think it was you?

Probably not.

Plus, it would be selfish and presumptuous of me to think your words from eons ago hold the same value today.

(Contact Deleted)

I wish it was as easy for the heart.

***

Last na lang, because I'm in a weird sort of mood today:

Finger my pages

and thumb through mine mind

the bible of ebbing tides.

Witness the creation of all that is ethereal

and the destruction of hopelessness

and i will sing you psalms.

Heavenly, they will be

until thine eyes look

and see the beauty

of you in me.

***

Amp! Iba na ito! It's got to be-e-e-e-e-e-e Purr-fect! I am going insane, yes hahaha. C'est la vie.

(langkwents. Tingin ka na lang ulet sa pic).