zhinesade's surreal world

everything about nothing

Tuesday, August 31, 2004

What have I been up to? Showbiz Lingo!

First off, I watched the VMA on Sunday night. Fabulous. Although there was definitely a lack of big stars...Where was Justin? Britney? Janet? Big(some people might think Britney is not big, fine haha) pop stars....? Add to that that there was not a single boy band in sight (well, except for now well-groomed Nick Lache with his very very very very very lovely wifey). And then it dawned on me. Maybe the rock of yesterday is the pop of today....hmm. Plus, Bruce Willis dancing to 'Lean Back'? The world seemed to turn upside down, man.

So based on the radio gossip I heard last week that Britney challenged her nutritionist to make her thin in time for the VMA or she wasn't going, and he was going to be fired, I think it's now safe to say that he was canned. 9,000 a week down the drain for him. She was nowhere in sight.

But Jessica simpson did very well. Which reminded me of Regine V. -- singing while sitting down. Very hard to do, believe you me. Haha.

Anywho, heard on the radio today that the 'cuddling club'(?) recently started a following in Arlington VA. For those not in the know(like I was 'til this morning haha), it's a club where people basically get to the meeting place (normally a hotel), change into their jammies(?) and start cuddling in different positions, including the spooning pose. It's based on the theory that people need a daily recommended allowance of touch. Na-uh. I don't think so.

Finished watching episodes 56-69 of Queer as folk. I didn't think it would be quite as addicting as it was. I sooooo want to watch it from season 1, but they only had 56-69 On Demand. But still, it held plenty of story to keep me busy for at least a weekend. Cool. I never thought men on men could be so sexy (oooohh...kinkeh!). And the advertising guy exudes the same confidence and air as Ashton. Nice. Yummy. Ahem.

Still no follow-up to The L Word. If anyone out there knows anything, let me know. I miss the damn show. They didn't have the season-ender episode on On Demand. Demmet, demmet demmet!

Amazing Race. I'm still tuning in to see whether they will indeed go to Manila. Oooh-y. Do they tape that? Anyone from Manila have any news on this? Puhleeeeeeeezzzzzzz......

CSI, new season starting on the 3rd of September. Woooohoooooooooo! Can't wait, can't wait, can't wait. Did I ever mention that I have a become a big CSI fanatic? Can you hear the sound?
"Whooooo are you...hoo-ooo-hoo-ooo......" Sing it with me.

The Philippines did not have a single medal in the Olympics. Very, very disappointing. I don't get it. Are Americans just really more disciplined than us? Don't we pride ourselves in being very dedicated hardworking people? Where is the humanity? Oh well. I guess I'll have to take it into my own hands, then. When I have a kid, I'll be sure to start her on gymnastics or swimming when she turns one. "No dinner unless you perfect you routine, honey." Mooohahaha.

Real World Philadelphia is coming very soon. 2 guys kissing, 2 girls kissing...L Word and Queer as Folk combined? I'm in! Naughty. Very naughty.

Republican National Convention in NY. Ho-hum. Good luck, Bush, from the bottom of my heart. God knows I don't like you. But I'm sure He has a very good reason for making you win. If you do. After all, I don't know everything.

So, until we meet again, this has been Sade, for my Showbiz Lingo update!

PS. Uwi na ang aking dear teammate na si Jas sa Pinas, so babayu Jas! *puh-lie-ying- kish* kitakits! Ikuha na lang kita ng tuyot na dahon to commemorate fall, nyahahaha :P

O sya, as one of my friends used to say "stop this foolishness" na.

Saranghamidapo (eye.... to eye....) hekhekhek. Bow.
(Pasensya na po sa kakulitan. I think I had too much sugar in my lunch..or sumthin.)