zhinesade's surreal world

everything about nothing

Tuesday, October 19, 2004

Da Sekan Chapter op Spokening Dollars

BORING
Last night, I chatted with a friend. He’s very good-looking, almost to the point of being mistaken for a model. And he’s nice. And with him, chivalry is not dead. Kaso, eto:
Him: BUZZ
Me: Hey there
Him: how ya?
Me: same old, same old…ikaw?
Him: eto, I’m boring coz the gimik tonight is canceled.

Blagag.

He’s boring? Into what? Okay, okay. He was bored. Because his night out with friends WAS CANCELLED. Susmaryosep.

Why do we murder english? Why? Why??

Pwede naman mag-Tagalog e. Hindi bawal. Sige, kahit nga i-taglish mo na tsong, payag na ‘ko. Pero ‘I’m boring’…’I’M BORING’.

Susmaryosep.

I don’t understand why people murder the english language. Or the tagalog language, for that matter. If you want speak in english, go ahead. If you’re not very good at that, say it in Filipino. Kahit bisaya. Kahit pa nga yung nakasanayang taglish, pwede na e.

Holy Kamote.

Definitely negative pogi points ‘to, tsong.

MUMI-ME
Sometimes, too, friendster is such a nice tool to peep into old friends’ lives. Take for example this guy friend from highschool who apparently saw me on friendster:
Huy ******,
Kamusta? Long time, no see a. Nasa states ka? Astig. Layo na rin ng napuntahan mo a. Me, andito sa Davao ------------------

Okay, okay. Let me not reveal the whole letter. Pero naman, inaykupo, using the word ‘me’ as a sentence subject?!? Pwede ka bang tadyakan pabalik sa grade four? Susme bata. Mamamatay ang english teacher mo sa kunsumisyon siguro pag narinig ka. Unang-una, hindi naman ginagamit na pang-subject ang ‘me’. Pangalawa, ang sagwa talaga pakinggan, kahit sabihin mo pa na ‘Andito me sa Davao’. Holy Guacamoli! Goodness gracious! Nakanangteteng!

PILITIN BA
Okay, sige na, A for A-ffort na, kahit feeling ko nagpapacute ang mga nagfeefeeling mag-taglish, pagbigyan na. Understandable din naman siguro kung puro shortcut sila mag-text…So, ang labas, ‘Hw r u ryt nw? kumain n b u? Me knina p.’ O ‘di ‘ba? Malinaw na malabo. Parang pigil na pigil ang mga salita.

Pero eto ang pinakamalupit sa lahat --- at pinakamapapatawad ko. Na kung sa mga ‘noboboring’ at ‘mumime’ napapangiwi ako at kumukunot ang noo ko, eto natatawa lang ako. Hindi ko kokopyahin yung buo, pero here’s the link to ithinkthereforeiam’s site if you wanna read all of it. It’s by English students, I guess, in a Philippine University….

"i was bored in the middle of death, staying indoors from quite a long time, no i decided to go out to see close the beauty of nature. as i sat below the soft green grass. i looked around and something in the beauties of nature has to offer. everything was beautiful, however something to afound out at, that was the fiery and glorious sun, slowly hiding behind itself in horizon. how beautiful are things around me!being on top of a hill i has hind eye views of the valley, meadows and fields below. what a panoramic view it was!"


Nya-ha-hay.


Josko, patawin po.

'Yun lang.


NB. Yes, I’m very critical of people who speak Taglish or English. And although I’m not perfect at it, at least I know to speak in Filipino when in doubt. Or to go to http://www.dictionary.com/. And, yes, I do have friends who don’t speak perfect english, but don’t you worry, I try and do my part and correct them whenever I can ;D Evil, yes. May K, yes pa rin. Go lang ng go!