zhinesade's surreal world

everything about nothing

Wednesday, September 07, 2005

All Boxed Up and Nowhere To Go

Another Street Angels pic that I loved.

A friend who's now with cherubs in heaven once said 'Try and learn something new everyday'. Well, some friends and I tried something new last night. Boxing.
Yes, BOXING!
Ha.
I actually didn't know what I was getting myself into. Cha pinged me late in the afternoon and asked if I wanted to try it out with them (all 4 of us were first-timers haha), and I said 'yes', an automatic reply when the mind is busy multi-tasking (chatting with kulit elder sister, kulit officemates, and trying to create a new program, all at the same time).
Lemme tell you though, it was exhilirating. I don't think I've perspired as much since I ran the half-marathon in college. And the whole thing was thankfully over in an hour and a half. Still need to think about investing in the proper gear though, as me and two other people plan to do this twice a week to bite off impending obesity due to slower metabolism (hay, pag tumatanda talaga)...
***
I must really be getting old....I used to not understand the quirky humor of Dilbert. Nowadays, I find myself laughing at every single day's comic relief (am pertaining to the pocket calendar). Yes, even alone. Pathetic, I know.
***
I am the audience that commercials are made for.
Two days ago, I got to listen, by chance, to the latest radio commercial of Jollibee. My sis and I found the singer hilarious because of the sustained pronounced 'A' at the end of the song. She sounded like her mouth was waaaaaaayyy too open when she sang that part. Then, the other night, I saw the commercial on TV. Same song in the background, different version. I laughed uncontrollably on my bed, alone (yet again...jeez, I'm seriously too weird for my own good). Then, last night, I found myself craving for Jollibee's ChickenJoy. Demmit. The friggin' commercial worked on me. The last laugh's is apparently Jollibee's. It's a conspiracy, i tell ya!
***
'You love me but you don't know who I am' --- lyrics from 'Let Me Go' by 3 Doors Down. It's rock, but somehow, the words can jar you into being sad. I guess that's why the music is acceptable the way it is (not mellow), or we'd all hate the truth if we hear it too much and listen too closely.
***
When there's something I so desperately want, the heavens conspire against me. But if there's something I desperately want to get rid of, all the angels seem to be praying for the complete opposite. Life is such a joke sometimes.
***
Being single is such a rush. But, then, sometimes, you look up at the beautiful sky, and wish there was someone who could share that quiet awesome moment between the universe and you.
***
This is a BLAH work week. Waaay too much stress and very little time for much else. Boo!