zhinesade's surreal world

everything about nothing

Thursday, September 01, 2005

When it's Sunshiny, The Sunglasses Come Out

The Groom.
The comeback-inuman of the 'HOP' group. Meet my friends.
One of the kids at Street Angels. I took a whole lotta pics of her, but liked this the best.

I'ts been one helluva week and a half. So many things have opened up and closed back down again, it's amazing how I'm still alive, intact, and smiling, while the thoughts in my head seem to be screwing with my sanity.

Do I wanna stay? Do I wanna go?
Should I leap? or just stay put?
Must I take it on? or should I wait?
Would I swim? Or sink?
Is it a dream? Or was I awake?
Is this real? Or was it just my imagination?
Can I do it? Should I? Would I?

The more I don't talk to people about it, the more the voices scream in my head. Plus, the drama. Ooooh, hate the drama. I don't think I'm quite ready to plunge into that sea again just yet. And any huge change at this crossroads would mean a huge splash. Harumph.

On a slightly lighter note, I declare myself an officially good beer-drinking buddy. I can chug four beers and not be stupidly drunk. Ha-ha. Three hurrahs and a bottle of SML for me!

Anyway, on to more mundane things...

***
Sometimes, you see a mirror image of yourself in someone, and, for a split second, you wish you could just fall in love with them. If all the stars aligned and you weren't you, it would be perfect. But you are who you are now for a reason. Even if all the moons stood in a line, the sliding doors of life still wouldn't all conspire to get you that perfect someone in that perfect moment of complete and unwanting love.
***
People sometimes use their cellphones not for communication, but to hide from something or hide something. Needless to say, it's a little creepy to find a friend just browsing his/her inbox while you talk. Either they're getting nothing from your exchange, or they are simply too shallow for your company. Move on.
***
I know it takes a lote more muscles to frown, but sometimes, the frown comes to me in the most inopportune instance. Just watched some folks perform last night, and this girl was frowning while she was singing a nice Disney song during soundcheck. I mean, I understand she's probably nervous, but something's wrong with your self-confidence if you more easily frown than laugh at yourself. I know I frown when things turn slightly awry, but at least I know me well enough to be able to laugh at myself before other people do.
***
I don't like drama. But, dammit, awkward moments give you this weird high feeling of making someone else uncomfortable. I recommend people to try it out. And then, when the other person ahs almost recovered from the awkwardness, giggle and say 'ooh, was that awkward for you too?'. If your smile was fake, the laugh that follows that sentence will be one of your night's highlights.
***
Something is growing in the "photography department" in my brain. I don't like clean pictures like I used to. I like pictures constructed with weird detail that only an observant eye can see. The obvious is, well, too obvious. I think it takes away from the power of the camera like inconsequential words take away from the potency of a powerful poem.
***
If you take pictures of people in groups, and one of them asks you if the picture was good, look at the viewfinder and review how that person looked like. Because more often than not, when people ask you if the picture is good, they usually mean 'Did I look good in the picture?' Right, Mads? hehehe.
***
Some landmarks in the month that was:
- It rained a hell of a lot of nights, and it made it so sleeping without the airconditioner on was actually very comfy.
- Me and some friends were able to shoot a wedding, and an office event (and it'll be my first time to shoot in a studio setting this Sat too. I'm psyched!).
- Actually developed a sincere and all-too-real crush on someone. Haven't had that in a really long time. Of course, nothing's gonna come out of it. But it was pretty refreshing knowing that I could still feel all warm and fuzzy....and that there are still people who can take my breath away.
- Instantly became buddies with the fairly-recent ex. It's quite an achievement. I'm either getting mellow as the years wear on, or the attachment wasn't as strong as I thought it was. I'm sticking with reason number one. Ha-ha.
- My laptop was murdered. By mis sister's earrings, no less. Oh well. I reckon as long as I can still get the files backed up, it's not worth killing my sister over. Besides, I think she knows the gravity of the situation precisely because of the lack of audible rage.
- Work gave me a boost in salary, title, and morale. Was it enough? I dare not even try to answer that question. Waaaay too complicated and overly real for this blog.
- "The house always wins," said a friend, pertaining to men and relationships. I'm telling ya, if I could change gender, I would have been male a long time ago. Sucks for women, but makes it a lot easier if you're a woman giving advice to boys(...err, men) when it comes to their relationship disasters.
- Footwork in badminton is improving, but I'm sure that fact is making you yawn right about now. Blah.
- INXS has been keeping me up nights, if not the books that I have been reading. I like Mig Ayesa, not because he's somwehat-Filipino, but because he has the talent to win, and he's a very, very cool, balanced 'artist', aside from the fact that one could fall in love with his rendition of 'Baby, I love your way'.
- The band, after a 2-week break, will be starting practice next week again. And the first order of business is changing the band's name. Hah. I'll let you know if we come up with a more suitable name.

Okay, okay, I know. Waaaaay too much information. Getting back to being quiet and alone now.

PS. Alanis' new acoustic album (she redid all her originals in Jagged Little Pill) is wonderfully stimulating. Makes me wanna go swimming...